Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My x5 e53 3.0d has inactive suspension warning. Has air

Customer Question

My x5 e53 3.0d has inactive suspension warning. Has air suspension front and rear with button near steering wheel to adjust but it is stuck in standard height... Which is ok but would like to fix. Bmw specialist resets code and suspension works but drive down road and light comes back on again. He says something in cluster panel needs resetting which he has no software for. He thinks the error code is being held permanently.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like an electrical component is acting up causing this fault here and when the faults are cleared out this is allowing it to operate for a short period until the computer picks up on the fault again then disabling the suspension to standard height.

If you can obtain the code it is setting and post it here this will help me to help figure out the fault here.This may be an issue with a ride height sensor or another electrical component sending an incorrect signal causing this needing replaced.

Thanks Pete