Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have been having a problem with my pt cruiser its a 2.2

Customer Question

Hi eric, I have been having a problem with my pt cruiser its a 2.2 crd 2007 model. it goes into limp home mode some times with no code errors showing untill last week when the code p1270 came up, this code relates to accelerator position error, I replaced the control unit with a second one and it is still doing the same thing, any ideas please.
Regards, Gary
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am showing that fault code is for the intake manifold runner swirl performance. Can you double check where you got that fault code definition from
What I show is usually an issue in the linkage inside the intake manifold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,
My info came from a pt cruiser web site.can you please advise where i can find the swirl valve so I can check it out when I get time. Gary
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It is actually inside the intake manifold and requires removing the intake and turbo to access it. I will see if I have a diagram and directions