Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

My dipped headlights and interior lights together with my

Customer Question

Hi my dipped headlights and interior lights together with my intercom don't work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE..

I dont have any diagrams on the electrical system of the vehicle Im afraid... I would be surprised though if the intercom and the interior lights and dipped lights are all on the same fuse.. Indeed, the interior lights and dip headlights are rarely on the same fuse on vehilce.. let alone the taxi intercom.

I would suggest to double check the fuse boxes - remembering that there is under the bonnet and interior fuse locations -looking at all the fuses.. If you have the Owners Manual that will help you ID the fuses.

I would suspect that is the fuses check on the lighting side, you have a switch fault for the lights. It would have to be stripped open and checked for wire faults / connections - first before condemning the switch the circuit will need to be meter tested. The same applies to the column switch -

The intercom could well be failure of the mic..or control unit and is more likely if the fuses are indeed checking out as ok...that will need seperate checking.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE