Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I locked my car on Thursday evening went into visit my

Customer Question

Hi Mike I locked my car on Thursday evening went into visit my auntie. Came out 2hours later and could not unlock car. Friday I got a new battery for key and it still would nit work. We tried to put a coat hanger through the door but even though we pulled the lock and handle it still would by open. Eventually thinking the car battery might be dead we took the grid of the front unscrew 3bolts to get the bonnet up to charge battery. The battery was full of life. We did also try and take passenger side door handle of but couldn't.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi how do I know if someone is helping me here. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE as requested - Im sorry I was not on this morn.

With this fault its difficult to say - One would have assumed it was a flat battery on the car...

You should have been able to open the car by use of the mechnical key barrel / lock under the plastic cover on the pass door handle.

Im assuming you have moved on now - Be sure that the battery is actually full - it can show power but not be enough to act the system.. See if the engine will start - that will help prove that -

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is sorted now. The AA came out thank you