Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

MY X5 N/S wing mirror is not adjusting up and down. It's

Customer Question

MY X5 N/S wing mirror is not adjusting up and down. It's alright adjusting side ways.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what question can I answer for you about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My X5 N/Swing mirror is not adjusting up and down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to adjust the O/S wing mirror from the the switch on the drivers side, but for the N/S, I can only adjust side to side
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hi, I understand the situation/symptom. what Is the question you would like answered? do you want to know the cause? something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to know the answer
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the problem is almost certainly a failure of the adjustment drive.
you can check for pinched wiring between the body of the vehicle and the door, but most likely you will need to replace the drive.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean when you say adjustment drive. I said the switch is working fine for the drivers side. it is only for the passenger side, where I am getting no power adjustment for up and down movement adjustment
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
I am referring to the little motor inside the mirror that actually moves when you actuate the knob.
the switch cannot be the problem because it works for the other side, that leaves the drive itself inside the mirror as the only likely component left that is the cause