Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Matt,my 2008 91300 mls primastar runs ok but it starts to

Customer Question

hi matt,my 2008 91300 mls primastar runs ok but it starts to run hesitantif you change in to 4th upwards,aso as you come to a hill you need to change down.it also cuts out compleatly for a second no more,then runs againwith no warning.its just being serviced and egr off and cleanedupand maf.no smoke and 38 mpg
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Normal
0
false
false
false
EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE
MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.