Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have a 56 plate c180 w203 wont change up at all jerks in

Customer Question

i have a 56 plate c180 w203 wont change up at all
jerks in 1st when taking up drive fault code in gearbox p2203 transmisson speed 3 defective/open circuit/short circuit i take this is on valve block in gearbox can this be replaced on its own to cure fault
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

I note all that you have said - outlined.

The trouble with these is , the fault codes you have can be caused by - an end result..consequence of, other issues...not necesserily what the code is specifc too if you understand me.

The 2203 is usually from the electroplate which is inside the trans - but , other things can cause this as opposed to it itself going faulty -and the main cause of that is coolant getting inside the transmission..

The reason it wont change and jerks will most likely be because its in "limp mode".. as the code is set, the TCM ( computer ) will invoke that... so that in itself is not a worry.

Given the complexity of what you have, I would strongly suggest to have an Auto Trans place look at this for you - they will open it up and physically check it inside -for the causes / problems I have mentioned.

This ,whatever it takes, will be by far, the cheapest way forward for you on this one..to get this fixed for you.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE.