Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have a 2006 hyundau terracan 2.9 diesel auto and the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 hyundau terracan 2.9 diesel auto and the engine check light comes on when I accelerate hard or use kick down. Been in a French garage who have replaced gearbox oil and filter. Any ideas on what needs to e checked?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have used an OBD2 device but that showed no codes!
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

You will need a Hyundai scan tool on this model with the diesel the code readers will not work .

You will have to find one as the check engine light is on as it has encountered a problem with in the system.

The management system will have the fault codes stored .

Possible item for this kind of issue you explained would be a MAF sensor and a fuel rail pressure sensor too low .but a code check will confirm this .

As said above code readers will not work you need a dealer level scan tool ..

Ones you have the codes please get back to me so i can assist you further with this issue

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does the MAF stand for as I have to let the French mechanic know. Nearest Hyundai garage is 150 kms away,
Are the MAF and fuel rail pressure sensors expensive?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

These items where just examples of the most common possibility, a scan tool is needed to be sure as we

don't want to replace parts not needed , and yes both are expensive if not needed.

MAF is your Mass Air Flow this counts the amount of air being flown throw the air filter to the engine combustion .

Ask the garage where it is if another local shop has a Maxidas DS 708 or launch scan tool which most independent shops have , these two tool will work ..

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Any luck

Greg