Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My key fob qashqai just stopped working and we can't lock

Customer Question

Hi - my key fob for nissan qashqai just stopped working and we can't lock the car.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was ablet o unlock with the integrated keyfob (so it's not the battery) but once unlcoked, the door started making a clicking sound and we were unable to start the car or lock it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also can't lock the door with the key itself - in the keyhole.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay - I've managed to lock the side doors (all 4), but the back door will not lock (with the fob). progress, but coudl still use advice. thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

With the door making a clicking noise when trying to lock or unlock it this can indicate this is an issue with the door lock actuator or latch itself needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail in the past before causing issues like this here needing replaced.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and will need done with an electrical test specialist with the correct wiring diagram and test info on it.I have had to replace several latches and actuators in the past before for issues like this here.

Thanks Pete