Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Experience:  15 yr Master VW/AUDI Technician Shop Foreman
19871424

I have a 2007 Golf plus tdi. Periodically the engine cuts

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Golf plus tdi. Periodically the engine cuts out and won't restart. It will then start after a delay of ten minutes to half an hour and may perform perfectly for two weeks. It may then stop four times in one day. When it stops, the battery light. Omes on immediately. When it restarts the engine shakes two or three times before it smooths out.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

This scan diagnostics was a vag com used to scan all modules? there may be faults in other modules than the engine may lead to the root cause. what is the odometer reading and was a fuel sample taken in the tank to make sure that there is no contamination?

thanks