Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I am a used car dealer. i got a salvage car with no keys.

Customer Question

i am a used car dealer. i got a salvage car with no keys. 2009 clc 2.2 cdi. as it takes time for the paperwork to arive to emable getting the key from benz, i used a specialist, he took out the eis went away for hour and came back with two keys and explained the process to me to get them working, i came home refitted the eis and tried his process, bearing in mind the batter was dead so i put a jump pack on it. the key done nothing... could this be becuase of the dead battery?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
A weak battery will prevent any type of relearn or programming you are attempting to do from completing. But without knowing the exact programming you were instructed to do, I cannot say for certain