Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Mondeo 1.8 tdci (125) was running fine pulled into

Customer Question

Hi I have a Mondeo 1.8 tdci (125) was running fine pulled into Tesco car park came back started ran until the exit of the car park then cut out won't start battery ok fuel just under 1/4 full fitted new fuel filter approx. 100 miles ago
Thanks Neil
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

In allot of cases with an issue like this here this fault can be caused by a faulty fuel pump/injection pump not supplying enough or no fuel pressure to the injectors.I would have the fuel system tested if you can to see if one of these are the cause here.

On some models the engine crank position sensor/RPM sensor can be the cause for this fault needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this should be done and if any codes are set the codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.

Thanks Pete