Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Thank you very helpful answer. I have a 2011 Kia Cee'd SW

Customer Question

Hello and thank you for this very helpful answer. I have a 2011 Kia Cee'd SW with manual rear windows, and I can't seem to find this "retainer clip", no matter how far in I push the door panel. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong? Kind regards, Kristoffer
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
I assume you mean the clip for the window crank. It is slid in where it is about impossible to see. I use a pick with a slightly bent tip on it to feel for the clip and slip between it and the window crank to pull the clip out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your swift reply!English is not exactly my first language, so I might need a bit of explaining. My goal is to remove the door panel in order to replace the speaker. Do I understand correctly that on my car model there is a well hidden clip "securing" the window crank? Between the crank knob and the door panel there is a thin plastic "ring" - is this covering the clip, or should I be able to feel my way to it?Thank you in advance for your patience.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It is between the plastic ring and the window crank. You need a soft touch when feeling with the pick tool to feel when it slips between the clip and the window crank.