Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My boot assist won't go back down and the button is flashing

Customer Question

HI. My boot assist won't go back down and the button is flashing red. And of course I can't put the roof back up.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you hear air leaking when actuating the trunk with the key or one of the switches, then your latch is most likely leaking air (which the PSE pump will eventually shut off and disable). You shouldn't be able to hear any air leaking with it working properly. Also check the wiring around the trunk hinges to make sure one or more of them aren't broken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt, Because the luggage assist switch is flashing and nothing happens when I press it. So I can't hear anything one way or the other. I have disconnected the convenience battery to see if it would reset the switch, but on reconnection it still flashes and does nothing. The only message on the dash is close boot.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

well its worth trying blocking off the possible air leak paths to see if this helps matters as its a common fault

this forum post shows the range of fixes for this issue

http://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r230/355467-have-trunk-soft-close-trunk-assist-problems-here-how-fix-diy.html

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The problem has been sorted. I had already seen the link you sent. It is not the boot soft close. This was my post and the solution. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/2440369-boot-trunk-luggage-load-assistant.html#post12768937
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

glad to hear its sorted and thanks for providing the link

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.