Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2008 Transit van,cuts out on start up,but then is ok after 5

Customer Question

2008 Transit van,cuts out on start up,but then is ok after 5 mins with no trouble for the rest of the day,it's usually worse after not being used all weekend,doesn't seem to do it through the week,I was wondering if you have come across this before,does it sound like a fuel pressure problem,which would be fine through the week,but lack of pressure on a Monday morning,we are baffled by this problem
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This can be an issue with the engine being flooded out with excess fuel as it sits a day or longer.This on most models can be caused by a fault with one or more fuel injectors or possibly an issue with the fuel pressure regulator,these will need checked/tested to locate and repair the cause here.
Thanks Pete