Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have a Renault kolos and use am iPhone. Bluetooth worked

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Renault kolos and use am iPhone. Bluetooth worked until I got the latest iOS update. Now it connects and then disconnects an few minutes later. How is this problem fixed as it is very annoying not to mention illegal in South Africa to answer your phone while driving without blue tooth.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

Please try the following - follow the instructions exactly -

1. Make sure you have no existing bluetooth pairs. Clear all pairs in your carkit and your phone.

2. Pair the phone with your carkit. You can see the randomly generated code on your phone and on the car display. Press ok to pair. (other carkits may need you to input "0000" of "1234", or maybe you have to input a code yourself)

3. Your phone will ask 2 questions about permissions. Check the box and allow. The phone will start to sync.

4. You carkit is done with syncing and it will ask you if you want to download your phonebook. Do this.

5. When its done copying, clear the Bluetooth pair on your phone (not on the Carkit!)

6. Give your phone a different Bluetooth name

7. In your carkit choose to pair a new phone (with the new name you just entered).

8. When the phone asks for permission for the carkit, check the box and choose cancel. Do this for both questions.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.