Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

My mitsubishi pajero io 2004 model gdi cuts off whilst

Customer Question

my mitsubishi pajero io 2004 model gdi cuts off whilst driving. I have changed the pump in the tank, changed the fuel filter, cleaned the tank, blown the fuel lines, cleaned the throttle body, and changed the plugs. It will and idle but rev only reaches no higher than 3000 rpm. If I try to drive it, then it will cut off a few minutes later.
Please help
Andrew, St lucia
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This is sounding very much like a typical high pressure pump .
This is built on the inside of the cylinder heads on the right cylinder looking from the drivers seat.
First your shop should do a fuel pressure test ,on the high pressure pump is a small screen filter on the inlet side which are a press fit these are known to block and cause a problem like you are having.
Did you check for malfunction codes ?
Check for codes if you have any then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.