Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise.
Im afraid you are right with what you describe - the anti theft / immobilser system has come on for some reason.
Common reasons with these are the keys being faulty - so the first thing is to try your spare key if you haven't already.. If that works, you know its the key.
If not -if its the same, then you are frankly, going to struggle on this without a plug in check being done.. I can tell you that you can check the wiring on the engine to the injector pump - if its a diesel ... You do get damaged wires sometimes to the pump - so check that - and around the engine bay.. and check the plug connectors on the circuit. Then re try.
Check also the fuses - and wiring etc for water ingress into the fuse boxes both in the engine bay - and under the dash.. this is a common issue that will cause this - if you find any such, dry it out and re try it.
If you still have the trouble, you can try a reboot.. of the systems.
Follow carefully the following:
- The very first step is to unplug Any diagnostic tool from the vehicle. ( usually you dont have any - but just in case)
- Make sure any and all the gadgets are switched off, the driver’s window lowered down and open the bonnet.
- Then close all the doors and take off the key from ignition.
- After a 3 minute interval, unplug the vehicle’s battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.
- Attach back the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.
- Turn the side lights on.
- Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functioning.
- Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.
- Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.
- Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.
See if that cures this for you ...
But - if you don't find anything checking as above, you really are down to having to have this plugged on to a diagnostic machine Im afraid - and it has to be Peugeot equipment - OE or similer .. general garage machines wont do it - because this is the security system it is connecting to.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.