Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Got anti theft faulty coming up on my 10 plate dispatch, all

Customer Question

Got anti theft faulty coming up on my 10 plate dispatch , all locks working but won't turn over
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise.

Im afraid you are right with what you describe - the anti theft / immobilser system has come on for some reason.

Common reasons with these are the keys being faulty - so the first thing is to try your spare key if you haven't already.. If that works, you know its the key.

If not -if its the same, then you are frankly, going to struggle on this without a plug in check being done.. I can tell you that you can check the wiring on the engine to the injector pump - if its a diesel ... You do get damaged wires sometimes to the pump - so check that - and around the engine bay.. and check the plug connectors on the circuit. Then re try.

Check also the fuses - and wiring etc for water ingress into the fuse boxes both in the engine bay - and under the dash.. this is a common issue that will cause this - if you find any such, dry it out and re try it.

If you still have the trouble, you can try a reboot.. of the systems.

Follow carefully the following:

1. The very first step is to unplug Any diagnostic tool from the vehicle. ( usually you dont have any - but just in case)
  2. Make sure any and all the gadgets are switched off, the driver’s window lowered down and open the bonnet.
  3. Then close all the doors and take off the key from ignition.
  4. After a 3 minute interval, unplug the vehicle’s battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.
  5. Attach back the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.
  6. Turn the side lights on.
  7. Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functioning.
  8. Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.
  9. Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.
  10. Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.

See if that cures this for you ...

But - if you don't find anything checking as above, you really are down to having to have this plugged on to a diagnostic machine Im afraid - and it has to be Peugeot equipment - OE or similer .. general garage machines wont do it - because this is the security system it is connecting to.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.