sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a W218 cls 2011. There was a faulty electrical

Customer Question

I have a W218 cls 2011. There was a faulty electrical connection on my headlamp of which is now sorted but the on board computer is still showing front right indicator fault.Can I reset this annoying fault? This only happens when the engine is started.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem was repaired then the warning should have gone away on it's own but the warning should go off when the fault code is cleared. The best thing to do would be clear fault codes with a scan tool, but if no scan tool is available and you want to try to take care of it on your own then you can try a battery disconnect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay but I was away for a few days.
I thought the problem was a bad connection but it appears that it is still there.
What is happening is the front right indicator and the strip side light flash erratically and then the front right indicator shows up on the computer. After a short while both the indicator and the light work OK but the signal tone is also erratic.
Help.
Doe the rear turn signal work correctly when the fronts don't?