Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I Have a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 VTR HDI 2008, 93k on the

Customer Question

Hello , I Have a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 VTR HDI 2008, 93k on the clock, I was driving this home after I bought it. And approximately 1 hour into the journey home. The "auto Handbrake off" caption came on followed by the ESP caption then followed by the engine management light and the service light.
I checked the warning log and it displayed
"De pollution system Faulty"
"ESP/ASR system faulty"
"Handbrake Faulty"
I was driving the car back from an MOT centre as it has just passed its MOT. Is thisbgoingnto be expensive to fix? Should I returnnthe car to the (independent not Citroen) dealer who sold me it?
Thanks in advance
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise.

Before we progress - you mention, should I return the car to the independent dealer... That really depends on how long you have had it. In the UK - all motor traders however small have to give a 1 month warranty... though most give more. Warranties dont affect your rights though of course . Given whats happening , I would certainly suggest to return it if its not been yours for long -

The problem actually sounds like a general issue such as power / feed supply to the circuits or a main / earth issue to be affecting so many different circuits.. All that needs a thorough check before any fault code reading - as with so many different circuits, that wont be accurate / difitnitive its readings so a waste of time at this point.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.