Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Could you help with a problem we have with our Ford Galaxy

Customer Question

Hi could you help with a problem we have with our Ford Galaxy engine. We are stuck in France, the garage don't speak english and our French is pretty bad. Due to a lack of oil there is now a knocking sound from the engine. The garage towed us off the motorway and won't look at it until tomorrow but their gut feeling is it can't be fixed and we're trapped here. Our insurance won't pay or help us. And we really don't know what to do and we're stuck her with 3 children and nowhere to go. Any help or advice would be great.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Sorry to hear of your plight.
Im afraid with this there are not many options.. If you dont have AA or such like cover - generally you would will have to see what the results of the inspection are.
It does sound like it needs a new engine - in which case, you may have to stay locally until its done - thats one option.
Or- you can sometimes join the likes of the AA on the spot - and they will recover you ...
The only other option is to pay a private recovery firm to recover you and the vehicle home..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.