Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Problem with my CD player qashqai

Customer Question

Hi problem with my CD player qashqai
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE - sorry I was not on yesterday.

Can you tell me what you have done / tried so far....

Rgds, MIKE.......................................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried putting a cd in and it comes straight back out again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried various CDs and ones that normally play
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried switching engine off and on
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi again -

Thank you for that info... I know it may sound silly - but are you sure there is not a cd still in the set / stuck in??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have pressed eject cd many times, I think the player is now confused and needs a reboot. How do I do that please?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
HI again..
OK - sometimes there is a cd stuck in there - even pressing the eject wont make it come out - thats a common issue which is why I asked on that ...
To re boot it then you have to disconnect the power to it - this is best done by removing the fuse for it - or disconnecting the car battery... leave whichever out / off for ten mins - then re connect and retry -
Let me know how that goes..
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you suggest anything else?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Not really no... If there is a disc stuck inside - the set has to come out to open it up to get it out.

If its not that - and a reboot doesn't sort it - then its a fault with the unit itself that has developed and again, it would need to come out for repair then...

They are as you may know, all these , somewhat tempremental - we get various issues with them - but thats the way to progress with this ---

Again - let me know if you need anything more - Please do the OK ratings for me at this time also... and you are welcome back anytime -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
They are as you may know, all these , somewhat temperamental - we get various issues with them - but thats the way to progress with this ---
Again - let me know if you need anything more -
Please do the OK ratings for me at this time also... and you are welcome back anytime -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.