Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I'm about to purchase a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan el. The

Customer Question

Hello there, i'm about to purchase a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan el. The seller only said it has a bad ECU/ECM. His rewirer said he used another DGC ECM/ECU to move it to his workshop meaning the DGC el won't need a programmed ECU/ECM.
I went to get 4 working ECU/ECM with same PN of the bad one but it gave no crank, no start.
What can be the cause or do i need to programme the ECU/ECM. Trying to get the other ECU/ECM used to move it to the workshop has been futile because the person is out of reach
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
You will need the ecm programmed with the VIN number and mileage of the vehicle it is going into in order for it to start and run
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks