Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Audi A5 soft top won't open says on the dash soft top

Customer Question

My Audi A5 soft top won't open says on the dash soft top storage box not lowers some one said it is magnets
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One of the most common causes for this issue here is one of the micro switch/sensors failing to send the correct signals to the computer to allow top operation.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool/computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.The scan tool is also used to observe the switch/sensor status for the roof to see which may be sending an incorrect signal.
Thanks Pete