Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a problem with my ford focus 2005 2.0tdci. It started

Customer Question

Hi mike, I have a problem with my ford focus 2005 2.0tdci. It started miss firing but very intermittently a couple of weeks ago so I took off fuel filter and discovered metal filings in the filter housing so sourced a remanufactured high pressure pump cleaned and flushed lines and fitted.everything was fine until we went on holiday last Friday when the miss firing came back whilst on the motorway.we pulled over and turned off the engine it was miss firing at about 2000 rpm. We turned the engine off restarted and it drove to the garage fine. My colleague picked up the car yesterday and drove it about 30 miles to our house at speeds of up to 80mph and had no problems whatsoever? Really don't know what could be causing this?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it isn't showing any fault codes or warning lights
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

sorry to say that this could be metal swarf into the injectors from the damaged pump

I'd say that the next step is to the have the injectors flow tested on a injection rig as this will show a lack of flow and if any are dribbling

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the equipment to perform a leak off test I presume this would show the same as in which injector is at fault?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

if you have the leak off test kit then great as this will show injector issues

so yes persue with that