Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Living in South Africa. I am driving a 2005 M/Benz c270 cdi.

Customer Question

Hi Mike. My name is ***** ***** in South Africa. I am driving a 2005 M/Benz c270 cdi. My problem is as follows. Under normal driving conditions it runs fine but the moment i need all the power with kick down she cuts out completely at about 4000 rpm and the engine dies. You can start the engine immediately and she will operate fine till you need all the power again. I fitted the high pressure pump with a new kit and replaced all seals on the fuel line as well as the fuel filter ( gen. M/B ). When the engine dies the engine management warning light comes on. Please help.Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
You need to find why the check engine light came on.
You have to hook up a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .
From the codes you will then know what is causing you this issue .
Most common on this engine is the air flow meter which is not measuring the air intake correctly .
A good tech and a good scan tool will help you find your problem with knowing what malfunction codes you have .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg