Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a '93 Import MX5. I'm having issues with the fuel

Customer Question

Hi, I have a '93 Jap Import MX5. I'm having issues with the fuel system. The pump is working (tested it) but not kicking in. I was getting no voltage at the fuel pump connector, replaced the fuel pump relay (B577) and the relay in the engine bay (B6S8) and a blown fuse, now when the key is in the on position and the f/p and gnd points are jumped in the diag box I'm getting a reading of 8.5v, and still no life from the pump.
I did have an immobiliser installed when I got the car 11yrs ago.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards
Maurice Hennessy
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Maurice and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did you check the wiring to the pump (as you had a blown fuse, and you are getting a voltage drop)?
Did you try disconnecting the aftermarket immobilizer and try to start? or even try to reset it (as most aftermarket systems have a reset button)