Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I've got a 57 1.6 scenic and it's showing a number of

Customer Question

Hi. I've got a 57 1.6 scenic and it's showing a number of electrical errors. I noticed that the immobilizer wouldn't lock the car yesterday. Today it is showing the rear passenger door open when it isn't and now it refuses to start. It turns over, but won't fire. I've tried all sorts of resets for the ECU including one you previously suggested (disconnecting the battery leads and connecting them together)
The battery is fully charged. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
I understand why you would disconnect the battery leads, but why would you connect them together??
did you check for any blown fuses?
did you try starting using another key (spare key)?
does the security led stay on or flash while trying to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy,The vehicle is running now and that was due to low fuel, even though it indicated a couple of bars. (Daft I know, but we think the sender may be on the blink).The problem with the vehicle now is that it believes the two back doors are open when they aren't. First it was one door, now it is both.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
The central electronics (or body control module) that controls the central locking is behind the instrument cluster.
Would you be able to get to it, to check and clean its connectors (mostly connector C or third connector as it controls this function).
And check/clean the wiring getting into the rear doors (by moving the sleeve that covers the wiring of the rear doors)?