Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have entered the wrong code into my radio to many times

Customer Question

I have entered the wrong code into my radio to many times and now it says system secure please contact dealer. Also I don't know the code and I've spoke to Nissan twice and they still haven't given me the right code
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Wait 24hrs and then see if it will accept a code as that is the usual time for the lock out. If not, then it will require a visit to a dealer to have it unlocked with a scan tool of and software.
As to the code, if you can provide the serial number, I may be able to pull it up
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The serial code on the radio display says DS14N03626. But the serial no. on the sticker on top of radio is DS14N0362619BH30B
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, I will check and see if I can pull the code using either one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have got my code now, but my radio still says system secure contact dealer. It still hasn't changed even after 24hrs, is there anyway I can reset this or get it off without having to take this to a dealer???
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You can try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery cables for 10 minutes and then reconnect. If still saying contact dealer, then it will unfortunately require a trip to a dealer to unlock it with a factory level scan tool