Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Iving today at 70mph when lost power engine management light

Customer Question

hi driving today at 70mph when lost power engine management light came on turned ignition off and on put into 3 gear and drove fine thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Okay .
If the check engine light comes on then you need to hook up a scan tool and check for malfunction codes .
This is how the system works when the check engine light comes ON.
When the check engine light comes ON when the engine is running then this is an indication to the driver that the fuel injection (emission) system has a malfunction and has stored a malfunction code in the management system (ECM)..
The vsc and trc lights may also switch ON automatically
Now if the check engine light is not flashing then you are still okay to drive your car until you have time to make an appointment at your local repair shop or dealership.
What they will do is connect a scan tool to the system and check for malfunction codes ..
From the found malfunction codes the technician will then know what has malfunctioned and give you advice and what action should be taken to repair this issue ..
When the repairs have been completed the codes will be deleted and a test drive done covering all drive cycles to make sure the check engine light does not come back on ,if repairs are good the light will stay out ,if comes back on then further diagnosis must be done ..
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg