Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Peugeot Partner: ,I have a peugeot partner 1.6 HDI 2007

Customer Question

I have a peugeot partner 1.6 HDI 2007 and had some problems with it. When i was driving with more than 70 mph the engine was cutting out. I left the car with a mechanic and he told me that I need to change the diesel filter and check the injector as they might not work properly. He did changed the filter and checked the injectors but they were OK. Now I have a lot of white smoke begind especially when driving with high rpm. He told me that the next thing to do is to check the diesel pump as it may be faulty. One thing I know for sure, that there was no white smike before checking the injectors. What should I do?
Second problem:
I changed today steering pump, discs and pads - front, cylinders and shoes on the back and I have in my dashboard the STOP LIGHT on and the handbrake light aswell. Checked if the brakes work and they do very well, checked the brake fluid and is fine, handbrake is working Ok. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Helloto get an excess of white smoke it means the engine is overfuellingI'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost. as for the 2nd issue I'dsuspect that the brake fluiud level sensor is faulty or not connected, this is located in the master cyinder reservoir