Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have a fabia skoda automatic 1.6, and I am having problems

Customer Question

I have a fabia skoda automatic 1.6, and I am having problems with the petrol cap. It was working alright on my last topup, BUT now all hell breaks lose but the only thing that does not happen is that I cannot open and fill up the tank. please advise as this is happening a lot more frequently now.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..Before we progress - is it the door / flap that wont open - or the actual fuel cap?Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is that the code to open that I was told to use does not seem to work: i.e I should insert my key and turn to the right three turns then unscrew turning to the left. My cap is locked and trying to open set off the alarm system flashing lights but not opening the cap. Fortunately the garage knew me otherwise the Gendarmerie could have been called thinking it was a stolen vehicle.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply.
Im sorry I was not on over the weekend.
Also, I have seen that you did open a new question - relating how you had entered your card details etc but had heard nothing back - In fact I myself did answer that query asking for the vehicle details - not knowing that this one was here- I assume it closed for some reason but is now re listed. To explain - I have closed your other listed question - as its on the same subject, all duplicates are closed - to save you the risk of being charged twice.
Back to your issue with the Skoda you have - Indeed yes, what I have mentioned to you before, ( in the other listed question) is correct..and Im note sure what the garage is telling you to be honest - that may be a mix up in translation - but basically what I said was correct - you need to look inside the paneling in the load area for the flap release pull - this is the emergency release- Most of these models had this.. you simply tug it to open the flap. On those that don't - you simply remove the inner paneling which reveals the inside of the flap -and you can see the lock motor mech for the flap- manually release the flap by undoing the small motor from its mount which then withdraws the lock bolt - you can then use the flap manually to open and close till you get it fixed.
Of course have the vehicle UNlocked before you attempt the above - that will stop the alarm going off... Too - before undoing the mechanism as above - disconnect the electrical connector to it - this will disable the alarm also.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.