Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

TT quattro 1,8T 180hp: , I'm looking solution Audi's

Customer Question

I'm looking solution for my Audi's xenon problem.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
does your model have the system factory installed or aftermarket?
which ignitor and which control unit were replaced?
were the connectors and ground points checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the lights are factory installed. My car is LHD model if it makes any difference and couple of weeks ago the automatic height system stopped working, too .
The following parts have been changed:
a) AUDI LIGHT WARNING CONTROL UNIT 4B0919471A
b) AL/BOSCH Xenon(###) ###-####Steuergerät 4D0 907 476 B - 4D0907476BConnectors and ground point have been checked.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I already know that this is the LHD model, being in the uk, but it does not make a difference in our case (lighting).
if the problem started after replacing the module and the ignitor, why were those replaced? and do you have the old ones?
would you be able to check the wiring and the circuit? (i will provide the details, diagrams and assitance)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those parts were replaced because the right side headlight stopped to work just as I told you in my first contact. After the replacement the headlight height adjustment stopped to work. I have the old parts because it seems that the fault was not because of those parts. checking the wiring and the circuit need some time because every one is having holiday here - the car is in Finland.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
You said in your first contact the exact opposite: "This problem came after the ignitor and control unit had been changed" and not because of it, so the problem was first. In order to assist you better, i need to know what exactly is happening (symptoms, etc...)
You can take your time, i will attach the wiring diagram, so you check power from the light back to the switch, with continuity, and get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed.
Here is the diagram:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzR1ZBb05tSE9TN0k/view?usp=sharing
PS: take your time, as it's a holiday... no problem at all.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will contact you as soon as possible.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Take your time...