Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Kia Sportage: I have a 2006 reg Kia Sportage VRN X99 BJH.

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 reg Kia Sportage VRN X99 BJH. There is a fault with the blower/fan. The blower/fan will stop working for no obvious reason and then will suddenly start again. I have check the fuse and there doesn't appear to be a problem. I can be driving along and the fan can start working and will work for a few days or hours only for it to suddenly stop working again
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.
This issue -on this model, is usually a poor / bad connector to the heater blower unit itself.
Sometimes , its the brushes on the motor that have worn away - which can be replaced -or motor replaced .... but certainly you need to carefully check the connector of the wiring block first - up under the dash -to the motor blower...
]
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.