Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I need my radio code VIN: WAUZZZ4BZWN028821Radio: AUZ1Z2V2639145Audi

Customer Question

I need my radio code
VIN: WAUZZZ4BZWN028821
Radio: AUZ1Z2V2639145
Audi a6 1998
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
With most of these VAG radio sets, you can only get the code from the dealers - thats the bot***** *****ne with these - But- you can try, the likes of this company here : https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/vw-radio-codes?gclid=CjwKEAjwueytBRCmpOyZ2L-xrG8SJADwH5c6vPpRaH0_DKwTohOWWKlMpSvCZNJp4sNOI7cNjIURLBoCH9Hw_wcB
As you will see - 0n line codes are not cheap for these - hence why we cannot provide them.
I would suggest for you to ask the dealer first - often they are cheaper....and again with these - sometimes the only way. But I give you the options to help.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,Thank you for getting back to me.I read on JustAnswer, that you have helped another guy with his AUDI radio code, when provider with the information identical to what I have? How come Just Answer is able to help him, and not me?Kind regards
Lea
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Lea -
Thank you for your reply.
I understand what you are saying and your point is valid.
The problem with the VAG group - Vw / Audi etc radios is that there are so many different types depending on year - vehicle fitted to ( as OE ) and so on... and over time we have found that on some occasions the codes given for these have not been correct. Rather than cause any upset, generally then we decided that its best to direct all VAG code requests to the likes of the site I gave you - because these generate the code from the serial.
Its interesting to note too that not all VAG sets can get codes generated even by those people - a lot have to be done by Audi / VW at the garage - but, the site will tell you there and then ( after inputting the serial ) if they can or cant do it.. so its really very useful - and a much more useful way for customers.
So when asked for codes for these types, we try our very best but in cases of doubt, we refer as I did.. justanswer is a tech advice site and so on those occasions, its best to give that advice - where to go to get the code.
I will look at this in a little more depth for you individually though if you'd like as you have raised the issue, just let me know by return.
- Meantime please don't forget to click on the OK ratings for me at this time.. Thank you *****