Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mini Cooper S: Roger,Looking to a fault experiencing

Customer Question

Hi Roger,
Looking for answers to a fault experiencing on R53 Mini Cooper S. I have no dash illumination, no internal indicator click or dash light, no aircon or trip computer/sat nav control and central locking using the key.
Sometimes all is working, then just turning ignition off and on and all is off. Or all lights up, but have no control. Almost like it is using last known settings. New battery has been fitted. Water ingress has been checked for in control module in the side of right hand footwell, which has the blue cover/lid over it. Checked all fuses are good, and have also removed the stereo head unit to see if this was causing issues... No luck!!
Do you have any ideas.
Regards
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
HelloI'd suspect that the body control moduel may be faulty or have communication issue with the rest of the car I'd suggestgetting the car plugged into a dealer level diagnostic tool and have the BCM communications tested
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hi
do you still need help?