Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

RHD A class Hymer motorhome: Mike, in a reply of 4 years ago

Customer Question

Mike, in a reply of 4 years ago you gave a pic showing the location of the 3 pin diagnostic plug for the Fiat Ducato (94-02) 2.8D JTD 2000-02. the pic shows 3 wires going to the plug. Does the diagnostic plug not have just 2 wires - a black one and a red and white one? Is the 3 wired plug not for the ABS if present? I have connected my Maxiscan MS309 with an adaptor to the 3 pin plug with 2 wires but get a "link error" message. Should I try and connect it to the plug with 3 wires (which I thought was the ABS plug) or could this cause damage? John
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I see no one has replied with the info you are requesting here on this.This is most likely due to the expert requested is off line or may not have the info you need.If you can I would see if a dealer or repair center can tell you how to check this here and what needs done.If this is not an option for you let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I specifically questioned Mike about an anomaly in the diagram of an answer he posted previously. If you are not familar with the wiring of the diagnostic plug on a 2001 2.8 jtd you will not be able to answer my question. I don't think I should be paying £22 just to be told to contact a dealer or repair centre.Regards, John
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize and will open your question up to see if he or anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello John.... Welcome.. - My name is ***** ***** though I dont think the same Mike you refer to above..However, Pete has opted out of this question... Im more than happy to help..As there has been a delay however - please tell me if you do indeed still need help.. then if so, we can progress from here.. if you do need to carry on - can you send me a link to the old question you refer to as well John.. that may help us here - Best Rgds - MIKE......................................