Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Volvo XC90: I just got myself an '06 xc90. The navi dvd or

Customer Question

I just got myself an '06 xc90. The navi dvd or reader seems to be broken. I can't get the dvd out. I have tried 'everything', I even pulled the thing apart, to see if there was a mechanical thing to do with it. To no avail. Any suggestions?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like a fault with the eject mechanism inside the player itself.I have seen this fail before in the past or become damaged or broken and cause this type of fault here and had to remove the player and send it in for repair to correct this issue.I suspect this is what needs done here on your model.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping for another answer, about what I can do myself, in order to cut down on expenses....
But I managed to figure out what the expensive way is, all by myself. I don't want to pay up for that standard answer. I vould get the same answer in a McDonalds restaurant......
What I DO want is clues to what I can do myself. Is this a standard dvd player? Can I replace it, with one from my computer? What kind of interface is on the dvd drive? Isa, pci, scsi, sata?
If you can answer these questions, THEN I'll be impressed and hopefully satisfied.Ps. Pardon my english. If it sounds angry or rude, it is purely a coincidence. I am more used to technical english...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize as I don't have the info you are looking for here on this.I will have to open your question up for others here to see is anyone else can assist further with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloSince my questions haven't been answered, and since I have been waiting for a new technician to take action, for about a week, I am NOT satisfied with your service. I want my money back, with reference to the "Satisfaction Guarantee" that you promised.I hope you'll see my side of the matter, and return my Money asap.Best Regards,Jan Berntsen