Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Ive got a 2007 Honda crv 2.0 automatic the brake pedal goes

Customer Question

hi ive got a 2007 Honda crv 2.0 automatic the brake pedal goes to the floor ive had new front and back pad and discs, brake fluid change, recon master cylinder fitted and it still has the problem they have said could be the modulator?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. They are correct, the modulator is about the only thing left that can cause a loss of brake pressure without external leaks. To verify this is he problem they can bypass the modulator to verify it holds pressure. I'd let them know they should have tested the master cylinder before replacing and for that reason you feel getting modulator replaced for free or largely discounted should be fair. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.