Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Volvo 940 turbo M reg failed the emmission test on the Mot.

Customer Question

Volvo 940 turbo M reg failed the emmission test on the Mot. It only showed a failure on the CO...0.964 pretty high. Took it to get looked at and these codes came up on diagnostics 113,322,10,231...fitted new plugs and an air filter and added cat cleaner fluid .took the car back for retest an it failed miserably on all the emmissions tests. co, HC and Lambda.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on your model here.
In some cases on some models the engine is equipped with a mass air flow sensor.If this sensor becomes dirty or starts to fail it can cause the emissions fault you have here.If this has not been checked into to see if this is the cause here this should be done.If this model is not equipped with this sensor let me know.
Thanks Pete