Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Quashqui: Quashqui 1.5dci2011 abs and traction light on c1130

Customer Question

Quashqui 1.5dci2011 abs and traction light on c1130 and c1132 fault no faults in engine I have replaced abs module with no joy any ideas
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The faults clear with diagnostics with only ignition on but return as soon as engine starts also live data looks in abs and engine parameters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car has 46000 miles only and wiring looks pretty good
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
did you check the ECM wiring connectors?
and especially the CAN communication wires from ECM to ABS unit?
There is an ECM software program update on some Qashais, did you check with dealer to see if your is affected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have check ecm connectors and they look really good
please can you tell me what wires to check from ecm and abs?
no i havent checked to see if an update is available
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
The wires would be the CAN (controller area network) wires (twisted pair).
I would first check if a spftware update is issued on this, and if not get to the wires:
on the engine control unit connector C (third and smallest connector), pin 25 for CAN high signal, and pin 17 for CAN low signal.
Those get to the central electronics (fuse box in engine bay, with control module integrated to it).
And on the ESP unit, (if you have the 26 pin plug, if other please advise), on pins 15 for the low CAN, and 26 for the high.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the typical values at these wires
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine connector c please specify wires 25 and 17 mine is wired abcd like a5 etc or colours would help
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Those are signalling wires at 1 MBPS. The signal can only be checked using an oscilloscope.. We need to start by checking continuity only.
And while at it, what is the MAF reading with engine on and idling?
and here's the engine pinout:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzVTliNkcyT0U0UmM/view?usp=sharing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the wiring diagram is wrong i have no wire in c17 chasis number5 of vehicle is sjnfcaj10u2256863 maf reading is between 32 kgh and 35 kgh
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
It appears you have the newer dci version (or with dpf), i'm afraid i don't have the engine diagram for that. However, you should be able to figure out the CAN wires (high and low), as they come twisted together, and untwist at the connector, so each goes in a pin.
And can you confirm the number of pins (or version) of the ESP unit?