Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Ibiza: I replaced the battery on my 2003 seat ibiza. I have

Customer Question

I replaced the battery on my 2003 seat ibiza. I have followed your instructions and can get it back to display 1000. I put in the code that is written in one of the leaflets that came with the car (hand written and the garage I bought it from told me that was the correct code and I'm sure i've used it before). However when I press scan it just goes back to display 1 1000 and will not accept the code. Am I pressing the wrong button or is it the wrong code? I did press pty and accidently put in 5000, does that mean I've changed the code?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Try this: after you finish entering the code, press the right side (">") of the SEEK button for longer than 2 seconds until you hear an audible signal.
If you have entered the code number correctly, "LSM" will appear in the display. (I just was the radio channel indicator and then everything was working as usual).
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks, ***** ***** already tried that and nothing happened. I have pressed the pty button the scan button and the > button, nothing works, I have even tried pressing the scan and > together, but that does not work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need to know the make and model of the radio, would that help?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Indeed, get me the make and model of the radio....
PS: you need to press and hold for a couple of seconds... is this what you're trying?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've tried holding it for quite a while but nothing happens, I do not get the audible beep that forums say you should get. The radio is the normal Seat Alana, with a bar code on the top SEZ2Z9C000783 on the back is has a green sticker saying outgoing nc 6165, a white sticker with control subjectivity nc 7315 and another bar code 01421129740001Hope this helps. I am just going to try again holding the > button down again for more than 2 seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK held the > key for at least 30 seconds, nothing happened. I then tried scan again and it flicked back to 1 1000, so it seems it is the scan button that enters the code, but it must be the wrong code. Could the code have been changed. Or can I find out from the serial number what the code should be.I'm getting really annoyed now, I have been trying this for over two weeks
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Your frustration is perfectly normal, over this.
To get the code you would need to get the serial number and check at: https://www.radio-code.co.uk/
But i would first check the scan and pty buttons pressing and holding for a couple of seconds.
Kindly get back to me with your findings.
PS: sometimes (seldom) these things happen and the radio no longer accpets the code for some time.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the scan and pty buttons several times, as per previous mail. I've tried to find the code on search sites but it just says incorrect or invalid number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site you gave me above to try to find the code, I already tried it, they don't even have Seat listed as an option, so I did the auto detect search and it says the serial code in invalid.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
In this case, you can go to dealer, having the car (or VIN), and proof of ownership, and they should give you the radio code (free). Just to confirm if the code is good... So we know how to proceed.
Regards,
Billy