Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Volkswagen Sharan: My wipers on vs sharan tdi carat 2001 have

Customer Question

My wipers on vs sharan tdi carat 2001 have stopped working, very slow when it does is it spindles if so how do I remove them and lubricate
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Are the wipers working slowly? very slowly?
do they move to the max position and back to the original? or do they stop in the middle?
if you lift the wiper arms, and turn the wipers on, do they move as needed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They get stuck in moving across screen then return to park position, but I have noticed they run very slow in last few days
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
In this case, i would first check the articulations, and check the wiper motor connectors, as you need to have clean and tight contacts on the wiper motor, and the articulations need to be moving effortlessly.
If not, having checked these and the problem persists, check if getting 12 volts on the motor connector, and if yes, the motor would need replacing.
I will include the details for dismantling and checking accordingly as a pdf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODza2MzVzF2cVowODA/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy