Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Ford kuga radio will not turn on

Customer Question

ford kuga radio will not turn on
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have a 2010 Titanium X 2.0 140 Kuga witha Ford sat nav stereo, which will now no longer turn on. Issue started after we had he AA do a regen on the DPF earlier this week. have checked fuses but all look ok, there are no other issues at all with the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model of the radio is Travelpilot FX
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did they force the regen using the diagnostics computer, or by taking the car for a drive?
did you remove the radio and check the connectors at its back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I had the AA come round and they forced the regen using a computer. prior to this it was working fine, at no point was anything dissasembled from the car they simply plugged the lap top into the port. I have not attempted to remove the radio yet, I don't have the removal keys for the unit. Also had a look at how the unit would be removed from the car and it looked like I would have to remove some of the dash fascia so decided not to try.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Having checked the fuses, and after the forced regen, this issue is most likely a software problem from the body control module.
Would you be able to get the vehicle connected on to a ford diagnostics computer to check the operation, and try to reset?