Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified
10437779

XF S PORTFOLIO: I own a xfs portfolio 2011 with 50,000 on the

Customer Question

I own a xfs portfolio 2011 with 50,000 on the clock. I was driving down a bypass on Thursday and sudden,y the car lost Power and started juddering until it actually shut down completely and wouldn't even turn over. Gearbox fault message appeared. I rushed off to a festival and now have to face this when I return today. Really worried it's something serious. It's just had a full service only a week ago also
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like we may have an electrical failure with one of the control modules. It also can be a battery or charging system problem. First we need to see what is not powering up when you turn the ignition ON. Then we need to test and charge the battery. Disconnect will then need to get the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes just in case there is a control module not communicating like the shifter module. Let me know.