Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Defender: I have 2007 Puma engined Defender. It can run for

Customer Question

I have 2007 Puma engined Defender. It can run for a day or two then the engine suddenly loses power, won't rev above about 3500 rpm. If I switch off ignition and with on again immediately it runs again. May fail agin on same journey of may not fail for a couple of days. Have replaces MAF sensor EGR valve but still exhibits same prob. Any suggestions appreciated. John
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This sounds like an electrical component at fault since you can switch off and on the ignition to correct the fault.
This may be a fault with a fuel pressure/fuel rail pressure sensor issue.If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done first and any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the cause.I would have these sensors as well as any others checked when the vehicle is acting up using a scan tools data list to see if one is faulty needing replaced.
Thanks Pete