Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Transit: I have a ford transit 2010 Mwb. I'm having issues

Customer Question

Hi I have a ford transit 2010 Mwb. I'm having issues with the central locking. I can lock the doors with a door open so if I close the doors they will be locked. On any other transit I have tried when you lock it with the door open it will lock then automatically unlock. My van does beep when you try and lock when a door is open which is what it's supposed to do but it will stay lock rather than unlock. Would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does it with all of the doors incase your wondering it's to do with a do ajar sensor thinking the door is locked. Is there some sort of relay or something that automatically unlocks the doors if they are tried to be locked whilst a door is open ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
You can do this from other than driver's door as well?
if you open the door, do the courtesy lights turn on?
any other problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yer does the same on all doors and by using the button on the fob to lock or the lock button on the door. Yes the lights come on when the door is open and go off when there closed to show that the door sensors are working properly. If I try with the fob to lock the van with a door open it beeps to indicate a doors open but it doesent re open the door locks like a normal transit would do. They stay locked so if I close the door the van will be locked.
Thanks.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
So the door switches are operating as they should.
The functions and operation of the locking and alarm system can vary from one model to the other. Those are programmable parameters, and you can have yuors programmed to unlock if a door is still open. This would require a ford scan tool (available to dealers and ford specialists).
If there are no other issues, then the system is operating, but the operation can be altered using the scan tool. This is not a malfunction.
For more insight and future reference, i will include the operation details in a pdf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzUUJlVmNBZU9BTlk/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy