Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

E240 w211: ,GOOD AN YOU

Customer Question

HI ,GOOD AN YOU
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi sorry I would not like to go ahead with the live phone call. I am fine with the answer here or email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are the diagnostic feed back and codes done by a mechanic before we could reset and erase fault codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are the concerning ones after the faults were removed/erased/reset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi can u please tell me how much longer will you be so I can do something else in the meantime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello can I atleast get a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello...am i going to get any response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read many posts on the same problem that i am experiencing,why is it taking so long to get a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do me a refund if im not going to receive any response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 hrs have past already and no mechanic has responded to my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged ,the amount of R370 was taken off my account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received a message saying this has been closed and i will not be charged,how is that possible when i was directed to a page asking for my card details ,and the amount of R370 went off my account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I posed the question of my w211 e240 stuck in 'P' and has the ESP and ABS warnings on the instrument cluster
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The codes refer to CAN communication faults and SBC coding faults.
Was the SBC wiring checked?
did you get a new or used SBC?
was the new unit coded on the car (as it requires coding or programming, to pair up with other systems)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HII had a used SBC installed and according to the mechanic they had bled the SBC using a diagnostic machine but I am not sure if that means it will be automatically coded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so the reason I cannot get out of PARK is due to SBC not coded, am I correct?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
The SBC needs coding and pairing on your model. This means it requires special programming, using a star scan tool, to be recognized by the other systems on your vehicle. This is standard procedure when replacing the SBC. Bleeding is a hydraulics procedure (also standard), but without coding, it will not work.
The reason you cannot get out of park, would be cause the brake light switch (at the pedal) sends its signal to the SBC and to the ESP, and they send it back to the transmission module, so the shift lock solenoid is released, and the shifter can move.
So in short, yes, you are correct, unless there are other problems with the system as well.
Kindly get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed on this.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the SBC and ESP are not giving the green light so to speak to the transmission module to go into gear.i have a technician coming through in the morning, going to request the coding done and will come back to you...is there anything i should note when he is doing the coding
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Exactly the SBC and ESP are not communicating with the CAN bus (controller area network). Those need coding, that is teaching the new module which car it is in. There's nothing to note, as either way this will require the special tool (star scan) to program the equipment.
Get back to me with your results, hopefully a fix, so we proceed as needed.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ....I will get back to you shortly.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Take your time...