Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Mazda B2200: Why is my engine making a loud tapping notice.

Customer Question

Why is my engine making a loud tapping notice. The engine is also rattling severely. I have change oil. I have put in new pistons. My timing is correct. I have put in a new carborator.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
you need to do an oil pressure test, it sounds like there is no oil pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your quick response, however I think your answer is not correct, because my spark plugs is full of oil. Petrol is also coming out of my new Holly 2280 carburetor. Could it be my timing? What is the worst scenario in this situation?
What you describe are the correct results if the engine did not have oil pressure for even a short period of time, and you continued to run the engine.so my answer is absolutely correct.