Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Volvo c30: I have a problem with my airbag light on my 2009

Customer Question

I have a problem with my airbag light on my 2009 volvo c30. ive had the code reset and the light/srs urgent service message switched off but it comes up with a code 012B. Once the car is driven round the block and switched off and back on the light and message reappear. i took my car to volvo dealership in doncaster and they could not even turn it off. please help im at the end of my tether with it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.This is a CAN communication fault. It might be with other systems, not the airbag. CAN is the network between the different control modules.First, when you get the warning and the code, can you check other systems for fault codes (engine, transmission etc..)? and do you have any other warning lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy , the only lights that are on are the airbag, red triangle and srs service urgent message.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
This problem being within CAN communication, we need to confirm that no fault codes are stored in any other modules before we proceed.
As if no codes are found, the only opetions remaining would be, in order:
- checking the wiring connector at the airbag module
- updating the software on the airbag module
- replacing the airbag module
Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we proceed accordingly.
Regards,
Billy